The following organisations have particular interest to our members:
- Quadrant2Design produces banners free of charge under their policy of supporting local charities
- Cardiomyopathy UK is a charity that provides information and support to those affected by the heart muscle disease cardiomyopathy. The disease affects people of all ages and often runs in families. We have cardiomyopathy support nurses, information days around the country, support groups and a network of affected volunteers who provide support to others by telephone and email. Our helpline (free from a landline) is 0800 0181 024
- British Heart Foundation – The UK’s number one heart charity. PHSG is affiliated to the BHF, which provides support and also insurance for us.
- BHF Heart Support Groups – We have nearly 300 affiliated Heart Support Groups bringing hope and a healthier lifestyle to thousands of patients and carers across England and Wales. These groups are open to anyone with any kind of heart condition as well as their partners and families.
- Arrhythmia Alliance (A-A), The Heart Rhythm Charity – A-A is a coalition of charities, patient groups, patients, carers, medical groups and allied professionals. Although these groups remain independent, they work together under the A-A umbrella to promote timely and effective diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias. PHSG is affiliated to the Arrhythmia Alliance.
- Bournemouth Heart Club – The Bournemouth Heart Club helps residents of East Dorset and West Hampshire (and surrounding areas) to recover and then maintain their health and fitness after major cardiac events and procedures.
- Blandford Heart Forum – The Blandford Heart Support Group was formed in 1994 by patients, their carers and local health care professionals after the successful running of two Cardiac Rehabilitation Courses at Blandford Hospital.
- West Dorset ICD Support Group – The aim of the group is to provide support, information and friendship to people and their families / friends who have an ICD.
- Lewis-Manning Hospice – At Lewis-Manning we provide free care and support for people in East Dorset living with cancer, Parkinson’s Disease, Motor Neurone disease and other life-limiting illnesses. Helping approximately 700 local people every year.Lewis-Manning supports patients from diagnosis through to end of life, however long or short that time might be. It is committed to ensuring that the team work together with the patient, their family and friends to offer the highest standard of care, that is creative, flexible and responsive to need.Set in a stunning location overlooking Poole Harbour and Brownsea Island we enable people to find “a new normal”, to manage their symptoms and to enjoy now.
- Hertbeats – a Cardiac Support Group formed in 1997 to provide practical advice, information and help to cardiac patients and their families within the St. Albans, Harpenden, Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield areas.
- A Guide to Congestive Heart Failure – Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) can be a scary and confusing diagnosis. Congestive heart failure has a number of causes including heart attacks, infections, and even genetics. Once you are diagnosed with congestive heart failure it is important that your alter your lifestyle to limit the impact that the disease has on your life. You may be stuck with congestive heart failure, but it doesn’t have to define your life.
- Nutritionist Resource – Diet is the cornerstone of optimal health and well-being and we believe everyone should have access to quality nutritional information and advice from professionals. It is our mission to make this process as easy as possible, giving visitors the tools they need to remain happy and healthy. The link to Nutritionist Resource is a page specifically related to heart disease.